cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEEBURGER Mapping of X12 Document - Group Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone else bumped into a mapping/structure issue when using the SEEBURGER adapters? For example, in normal X12 standards the N1, N2, and N3 segments are all siblings, but when importing the structure for mapping into PI the structure appears such that N2 and N3 are children of N1. We see this issue in many places including some of the standard SEEBURGER delivered mappings in PI.

If you did bump into this, how did you get around it?

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Did you face any issue if you map it the way it is?

I do not think that would be a problem once the XML gets converted into EDI file.

But if you are sure that it would be aproblem, then you can export the XSD file and edit it in Notepad as per your requirement and reload it as new external definition.

REgards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Edited by: Ravi Kanth Talagana on Nov 18, 2009 4:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a scenario where we run into a problem... We receive an inbound 850 with an N2 but no N1. The structure and 1:1 mapping is defined such that N2 is a child of N1. When only the N2 is received, the message fails in the BIC adapter.

Similar thing with an N9 group... we could get an MSG segment without an N9 (perfectly valid per standards), but the SEEBURGER provided structure shows MSG as a child of N9.

- James

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may sound trivial, but did you double check if you are using the xsd for the correct EDI version?

If the version is also correct, then raise a message to SAP .

As a work around, try to edit the xsd externally and re import it .

Editing may involve changing the occurance to 0:1 .

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, we're using the right structure... I've logged a ticket with SAP/SEEBURGER and the preliminary response that I've gotten is that this is the intended way the structure is built. It looks like we'll probably end up having to go the route of changing the structure/1:1 mapping on the BIC side.

- James