cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time-Out for Process with Correlation - Avoiding blocked Queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following requirement, it would be great if you could share your opinions and knowledge on it:

If have an integration process which opens a correlation and sends out an asynchronous request message. The response normally arrives after 10 minutes and is correlated to the process using a correlationID that has been activated by the request message. Additionally there is a deadline branch which terminates the process after 1 hour.

So far this works fine.

However there might be some very rare cases where a response is delayed (e.g. if there is maintenace work on partner side). So it could be the case that a response arrives a day later when the process instance is already terminated:

My questions are now:

1. How can I avoid that the inbound queue is blocked with the response message that cannot find an active correlation?

2. Best thing would be to store the response message on the file system in case no more active correlations are open.

So basically the logic could be:

If message arrives, check whether process instance with corresponding correlation is active, if yes then send to process, if no send to file receiver.

Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread closed - no solution so far.