cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Person responsible based Authorization in Projects is not working for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does 'Person responsible' based authorization for WBSE works for the WBS element only, or for the hierarchically sub-ordinate non-WBS objects (meaning Networks, Activities, Materials etc) as well?

Details:

(Authorization objects: C_PROJ_VNR and C_PRPS_VNR)

-- User1 is assigned with role TESTROLE1. This role has the Project manager based WBS & project authorization objects, with person number 101.

-- User2 is assigned with role TESTROLE2. This role has the Project manager based WBS & project authorization objects, with person number 102.

Following sample project is created by a super-user:

PROJ123 (Details: person responsible - 101)

WBS-1 (Details: person responsible - 101)

WBS-1/1 (Details: person responsible - 101)

NETWORK1

ACTIVITY11

MATERIAL111

MATERIAL112

WBS-1/2 (Details: person responsible - 102)

NETWORK2

ACTIVITY21

MATERIAL211

MATERIAL212

Now the requirement of super-user is that WBS-1/1 and its subordinate elements (Activities, Materials etc) should be editable only by User1. And similarly, WBS-1/2 and its subordinate elements should be editable by User2 only.

My issue:

Although WBS-1/1 is not accessible to User2, BUT User2 can edit the subordinate elements (NETWORK1, ACTIVITY11, MATERIAL111, MATERIAL112) of WBS-1/1. I do not want User2 to have edit access to subordinate elements of WBS-1/1.

Above issue is with User1 for WBS-1/2 as well.

Hope I am clear in explaining my issue. Can anyone please help me understand the standard authorization concept of Person responsible based roles. I suspect that I am going wrong somewhere but I am not able to identify the problem.

I want to allow access of a part of project to one user, and another part to some other user. And I do not want to go for an ABAP option if I can do above using basis authorizations.

(Above mentioned problem is not just with part of projects, but with a complete project as well.)

Hope to see some quick replies. Thanks in anticipation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer point 8 in below OSS note

Note 522426 - Consulting: Authorizations in the Project System

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs Sreenivas.

Are you aware of any authorization objects which can restrict access to Networks, Activities, Material components and Milestones, using 'Person responsible' or any other suitable field? I hope you got what I am looking for.

Restricting WBSE based on 'Person responsible' without restricting sub-ordinate elements is not much useful according to me. It helps only with simple project structures (having only WBSE) and nothing much. Right?

Thanks again