cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making selective fields editable in adobe form [using web dynpro]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have displayed an adobe form using web dynpro application. But I have to make certain fields (not all fields) on this adobe form editable. I dont want to make this adobe form interactive because I dont have to save any data in database. The data entered in the editable fields will be saved as a pdf.

What I did so far:

1) The fields which I want as editable, I have given there type as "User entered/ optional" & for rest of the fields I have given type as "Read only".

2) In web dynpro, I have enabled the adobe

3) This is not making the fields editable.

4) If I write the following code in my webdynpro method WDDOMODIFYVIEW, then my data coming from adobe is not getting displayed even though the fields get selectively editable.

*data: LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM type ref to CL_WD_INTERACTIVE_FORM,

*LR_METHOD_HANDLER type ref to IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL.

*check first_time = abap_true.

*LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM ?= VIEW->GET_ELEMENT('adobe').

*LR_METHOD_HANDLER ?= LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM->_METHOD_HANDLER.

*LR_METHOD_HANDLER->SET_LEGACY_EDITING_ENABLED( abap_true ).

Any inputs regarding this??

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

The form you are trying to develop is an interactive form. It does not mean that you have to save data to database.

Is your Form Interface XML based?

Go to the layout of the Form and from the menu option

Utilities ->insert the WebDynpro script

You can also create interactive form in abap workbench using SFP transaction with interface type as ABAP dictionary based.

There is one parameter called /1BCDWB/DOCPARAMS TYPE SFPDOCPARAMS. Set Fillable field of this parameter as 'X' in driver program that generate the PDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on my own.

Thanks.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, then please post the solution as well so that it benefits all of us.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like I had mentioned using the following code in my webdynpro method WDDOMODIFYVIEW, my data coming from adobe form was not getting displayed even though the fields get selectively editable.

*data: LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM type ref to CL_WD_INTERACTIVE_FORM,

*LR_METHOD_HANDLER type ref to IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL.

*check first_time = abap_true.

*LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM ?= VIEW->GET_ELEMENT('adobe').

*LR_METHOD_HANDLER ?= LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM->_METHOD_HANDLER.

*LR_METHOD_HANDLER->SET_LEGACY_EDITING_ENABLED( abap_true ).

So I kept this code & I also kept the Interface type "ABAP Dictionary based".

Additionally in Webdynpro, I used adobe form generated FM to get the adobe content & passed it to the "content" parameter of my adobe component in webdynpro.

Thanks & Regards.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

I dont think WebDynpro can control the behavior of Adobe forms, Try using the FormCalc for performing the action you want.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

A print PDF (i.e. a non-interactive) sets all fields to read-only per definition. So there is no other way than using an interactive form.

Regards,

Juergen

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don´t think it is possible to let the user edit the form and have not set the form as interactive. I doubt this. If you need some input, create a view preceding the adobe form view in WD app to collect the data from the users.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

No the input is required on the pdf form itself for some fields, so this wont solve my problem.

I have seen some forms which have 1-2 fields editable & rest are display fields & their interface type is "ABAP dictionary based". Havent been able to figure out how its been done though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

You cannot have an editable form with interface type as "ABAP dictionary based".

Now if you need the form to be editable for a couple fields as well then also you will have to create an Interactive form which will allow you to edit the required fields. All required "DISPLAY ONLY" fields can be set to read-only while you design the form. And for the other set of fields which are dynamic as per your description you can use the coding in Javascript or FormCalc (as per your convenience) to set their behavior.

For the interactive forms Interface type would be "XML Schema Based".

Let me know if you have any queries.

Cheers,

Kunjal