cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum limit of tabs in tabstrip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create items of a tabstrip dynamicly with the classes cl_wd_tabstrip and cl_wd_tab.

Who know, what is the maximum limit of tabs?

Which parameters SAP advised?

Thanks

Maik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any set limit. Obvious as you add more tabs, there is more inner content to process and can lead to performance problems. You should consider using separate views for each inner tab and setting non-visible tabs to load the Dummy View within the Window. This reduces the load because the server will only process the visible view.

There is of course the total limit to the size of the Web Dynpro Component. There is no fixed upper limit on the number of views, but instead the total load size of the component. Generally we give a guideline of no more than 15 views to be safe. If you use component usages within the tabs instead of Views, then this isn't a problem.

If you work around these technical limitations, then I guess your main problem becomes usability. At some point the tab strip is just too full to be usable. Consider using the Horizontal Contextual Panel (which allows two-level tabs) for more complex situations (as the FPM does):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/619e86ded54687e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm