cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing documents on TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can anyone tell me how to index word documents on TREX ? Is there an API i can use ? like there's SES for indexing business objects on TREX. Or do i use the TREX function modules directly ? and if so what data data do i pass to them ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hitesh nangrani,

TREX has to be used with SAP back-end systems either Business Suite or Netweaver based.

You can always use TREX to perform indexing on either structured or non-structured (word doc) documents.

If you have, this word doc in one of your SAP back-end systems then please integrated your back-end system with TREX using RFC communiction (you can find it in TREX Admin Tool) and then provide all necessory details in you back-systems of TREX.

Otherwise....if you have some bunch of word documnets in some OS level folder and if you want to use TREX on them i don't support and its not the right way to use.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you give us some more info ?

Are the Word files stored in a Content Server that is linked to an SAP backend ?

Are the Word files stored in a Content Repository immediately in the SAP backend ?

Are you using DIRs (document info records) in SAP to link to original documents via a repository ?

In case a SAP backend system is used to maintain the documents there is no problem.

You just setup the connection between SAP and TREX and indicatie which logical object you want to indexate (example DIRs).

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) the Word files stored in a Content Server that is linked to an SAP backend

2) the Word files stored in a Content Repository immediately in the SAP backend

Edited by: hitesh nangrani on Nov 25, 2009 12:35 PM