cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Jobs are not running automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on MII 12.0, initially we had few scheduled jobs running smoothly. Now after introducing several scheduled jobs, none of them are running automatically, even the scheduler logs are empty. However when I manually click on "RUN" button in schedule Editor I can see them in logs and they are actually triggered.

We also upgraded the application to the latest version with patches and disabled all the scheduled jobs but for one. No Luck.

I even tried enabling them manually using /XMII/Illuminator?service=Scheduler&mode=Enable&ID=1003 in browser. It gets enabled with success message. However the jobs dont run automatically.

Any help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try going back to the original state , as in, fewer number of jobs, and see if that made any difference.

Try to see if you can find some info in the Netweaver logs for that particular time when the jobs are scheduled to run.

Also are you sure that the jobs did not run , I mean does it never update the "Next Run Time" on the Scheduker entry?

FYI , if you didn't already knew, by default the scheduler history shows the last one hour so that could be something to think about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

We went back to original state of just 4 jobs, now just one job is running and still 3 other jobs are idle.

I am sure that jobs did not run, scheduler entry is EMPTY, Next run time is seen but it doesn't actually run at that time.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

When I compare J2EE Engine Open alerts and logs of working instance with the other instance which is not working properly this is what I found.

1) Used Memory Rate u2013 94% > 80% which is above threshold.

2) Waiting Tasks Count u2013 2 > 0 which is above threshold.

3) Log File Size u2013 above threshold.

When I restart the J2EE engine, this instance doesn't restart immediately, it says some processes are not running because of these open alerts.

has anybody come across such a situation in the past?

0 Kudos

What do the NW logs show at the times the jobs are supposed to kick off?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. samething has happened to me.

the only way i found to make it work was to stop and start SAP MII services...

but i don't understand what is causing it to not work automatically..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was with the load... MII is capable of receiving upto 18MB of load in a single payload at a time. RESOLVED

0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thank you for posting your solution.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Please can you add more detail about your discovery.

1. What do you define as a single payload?

2. What effect does it have on the scheduler?

3. How did yo arriv at 18MB?

Thanks

Answers (0)