cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot for sub contracted material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have one material which is produced inhouse & produced externally also. We want to do inspection for externally produced qty. In routing in operation details under external processing tab we have activated subcontracting check box & we have maintained inspection type as 0130. In material master also inspection type 0130 is assigned & activated. But when we do GR for purchase order inspection lot is not created. Also when Purchase order is created in that stock type is shown as unrestricted .What are settings we might be missing? Pls suggest.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you maintained Control key relevant to External processing.??

Have you maintained Purchase gr,org etc in the operation overview.

Aslo activate 01 inspection type & mark it as proffered & check the scenario.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have assigned inspection type 01 also & maintained it as preferred inspection type & now i am able to create inspection lot. Can i know why we have to assign 01 insp. type when we have already maintained 0130 insp. type & activated the same.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Without Activating 01 , you can get the Inspection Lot, If you check the Prefered Inspection for 0130 Inspection type.

Try, remove 01, and Check Prefered for 0130.

Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not very sure about the reason but while creation of task list what usage you have maintained.??

depending upon the usage also lot gets created.

Also let me know are you using the External processing type control key in the task list.??

Regards

Sujit

Edited by: SujitSND on Dec 3, 2009 11:57 AM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe Neeraj meant to say that you can't get an inspection lot without activating the 01 inspection type. In SAP you must always activate the "base" inspection type, i.e. 01, 04, etc... in order to utilize additional inspection type variants. So you must activate the 01 inspection type. Then activate the 0130 inspection type AND set 0130 as the preferred inspection type.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Sujit, Neerav & craig for your replies.

Regards

Amit