cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC: select according to message content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to select data via the JDBC adapter building the SELECT statement using content in the message rather than using a fixed select statement on the communication channel ?

For instance, there may be a time date in the message that should be used to select records from the database via the JDBC adapter.

We are on XI 3.0 SP13 currently.

Kind regards

Colin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not required

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that the XML message needs to be in this format.

Does this mean you have a very simple statement on the comm channel to SELECT all the records that are not flagged as already read by XI and to UPDATE when they have been read ?

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colin,

If I understand correctly, That means you can use placeholders in the select statement. If you need any help or example, let me know. You can map the fields from your request message to the SQL Query.

/Raj.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collin,

>>>Does this mean you have a very simple statement on the comm channel to SELECT all the records that are not flagged as already read by XI and to UPDATE when they have been read ?

are you talking about jdbc sender or receiver?

<b>a)</b> if sender: then this is not the only way

you can also invoke a <b>stored procedure</b> via the

jdbc sender adapter (in which you can have select based

on date, time or other dynamic values)

<b>b)</b> if you're looking for a jdbc receiver adapter

have a look at Raj's answer and check section:

<b>action= SQL_QUERY | SQL_DML</b>

on that page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>