cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget checking for services with "Unlilmited" indicator set

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

Under normal cases, the budget checking is happening properly for the services in a project.

But I have certain service activities where I require to set the "Unlimited" indicator set (in the service specification screen)and some other services where I set a value limit to the unplanned services (in the Limit section of the service specification screen).

In these cases, the budget checking is not happening as expected by the standard methods. Please note that the availability control is active.

Please help me out.

regards

Pratap.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this note .

Note 46209 - No availability control for goods receipts

447102 - Availability control messages for goods movements

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I read the first note. It explains the standard behavior of the system.

In my case here, we have excluded the purchase requisition from budget checking as the client didnt want it.

Assume I have planned services of rs10000 in PR and rs20000 as unplanned services, the commitment comes only for 10000. Is this right? Please clarify.

regards

Pratap

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes . System will check budget against your PO commitment value say 10000 in your case. Aas you have disables availability control against PR.

Even if the availability control against PR is there in that case also Value limit of unplanned service will not checked against Budget. ( Value limit for unplanned is there for initial planning of unplanned service, When services actually performed are entered, the system checks these value limits and allows the services to be recorded only if the limits are not exceeded. ) So, I believe that is not commitment.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitni,

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Now you have struck the point. Assume I have a budget of rs.50000. The planned services in PR is of Rs.20000 and I have set a limit of rs.50000 for the unplanned services in the same PR. Now my commitment is Rs.20000 only which is right.

In our specific case, the budget check will not happen at PR.

Now I am creating a PO of the above PR. So PO commt is rs.20000.

After this, when I go to the service entry sheet and enter a planned services of rs.20000 and unplanned services of rs.40000 (remember i set a 50000 limit for unplanned services in the PR). Hence my total actual cost is rs.60000. Obviously I want the system to do a budget check here and stop the user at the time of service entry sheet. But this is not happening. The budget check is not happening at service entry sheet if I am having any unplanned services in the PR or if I tick the "unlimited" indicator against a particular service.

Hope I have put my point clearly.

regards

Pratap

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hence my total actual cost is rs.60000. Obviously I want the system to do a budget check here and stop the user at the time of service entry sheet. But this is not happening. The budget check is not happening at service entry sheet if I am having any unplanned services in the PR or if I tick the "unlimited" indicator against a particular service.

-

That is what exactly note is pointing out

When you post a goods receipt or make a service entry, no availability control action is triggered even if the tolerance limits are exceeded.

The process recommended by SAP determines the availability control to be carried out on the basis of the purchase order commitment at the time of creating a purchase order. Say PO Commitment is 10000 and you are doing GR for 12000 system is checking budget against 10000 that also at time of creation of PO & not GR or ML81.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

At least if the commitment for the unplanned services appears at the time of PO, then my problem will be solved. Is there a way for this to happen?

Or otherwise, I think I have to apply the user exit as given in that SAP note. Please advise.

regards

Pratap

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just check with Exit, But I doubt, whether it will consider unplanned values.

That exit is meant for to check budget at time of GR ( say your GR values is 12000 and PO Commitment is 10000 so, it will check additional 2000 while doing GR )

This what I mean note is suggesting use of Exit to trigger availability control at time of GR.

With Regards

Nitin P.