cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

our NWDI is installed on a CE 7.1 EHP1 and we need to create different applications in three systems: NW 7.0 SP07, PI 7.1 SP09 and NW CE 7.1 EHP1 SP03.

I have some simple questions:

can I use NWDS 7.1 EHP1 to create and deploy all the applications?

Should I use different NWDS versions for every runtime system? And in this case, which version si correct for PI 7.1? NWDS CE 7.1 or NWDS CE 7.1 EHP1?

The creation of a track for NW 7.0 SP07 involves the definition of a Build Variant to specify the correct JDK ( 1.4.2 ). As far as I know there are two sets of options to achive this purpose:

com.sap.jdk.javac.source 1.4
com.sap.jdk.javac.target   1.4

OR

com.sap.jdk.home_path_key JDK1.4.2_HOME

( Add a key-value pair to the CBS Service Property 'JDK_HOME_PATHS' where the key is 'JDK1.4.2_HOME' and the value is the home path of the JDK. )

What is the best way?

Thanks and Regards,

Andrea Campo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use the same NWDS for all the three systems.

Your java version is 1.4.2 i think NWDS 7.1 doesn't support the Java version below 1.5.11

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's incorrect, Vamshi: Your NWDS (and the base SCs in the track) should always reflect the SP level of the target runtime systems of the track. Otherwise, you may end up using software features that were released later on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's incorrect, Vamshi: Your NWDS (and the base SCs in the track) should always reflect the SP level of the target runtime systems of the track. Otherwise, you may end up using software features that were released later on.

Former Member
0 Kudos