cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new field to the Custom tab in Cprojects

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our system there is one custom tab that is already created and which has a few fields as well. I need to add an additional field to the same tab, but i have no clue as to how the tab/fields were added.

Anyone who worked on similar lines and can give some inputs ?

Thanks and Regards,

Radhika Vadher.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

As far as i know this is the only thing required.

You might try to restart your server. Perhaps it can solve your issue.

Best Regards,

Mz

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to have a custom tab in C Projects and the view should also be a custom one, can you please guide me how to achieve the same?

Thanks,

Shitanshu Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the procedure as you said, but the fields are not appearing .

Are there any other particular settings for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

I assume that you want to add some new fields to the cProjects custom fields.

Please let us know whether you would like to add fields in project header level, checklist etc.

For adding fields in project header follow the following steps.

1. Create a Domain 'zzdom1' in transaction se12. (optional step)

2. create a data element 'zzdat1' in same transaction. assign the domain zzdom1 to the data element or use a standard domain

3. Enhance the structure DPR_TS_PROJECT_ATTR with a new fieldname 'zzfield1' and give the data element zzdat1 as component type.

4. Run the report DPR_CUST_FLDS_IN_FC_MAP in sa38 transaction and give input parameter as DPR_TS_PROJECT_EXTENDED_ATTR

5. Go to Transaction SPRO and select Collaboration Projects-> Global Enhancements to cProjects -> Setup Field Control.

6. Select your Portfolio Type and Object Category (DPO) and go to assign fields to field groups.

7. Create a new entry with the External Structure DPR_TS_API_PROJECT_O and select external Attribute as 'zzfield1' and give a group ID for the entry.

8. Go to Field Ctrl acc to additional (per Feild) and give your conditions (read only field etc, mandatory etc)

9. Go to Transaction SPRO and select Collaboration Projects-> Global Enhancements to cProjects -> Define field groups for customer fields

10. Select the Tab according to requirement (Custom Field tab) and go into customer fields per project element.

11. Give your field name here 'zzfield1' and specfiy the layout data ( where it is supposed to appear).

Whew! very long steps. Hope that this solved your problem

Best Regards,

Mazin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

from your query I think I have very limited information to share a possible solution.

Please check whether its Webdynpro / Java developed page. That must included to your view from content management. Please check for Se80 for Webdynpro developed page and related component controller and context. From here you can any addtional fields to existing page / tab.

I believe this will help u if its inline with ur requirement, or else please elaborate more on this.

Pramod