SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for QCI ASTM routines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Presently I am setting up the QCI config in our test server. I have configured the necessary settings for the Conversion group and the reading group. Now when I am testing the results using the O3QCITEST transaction, I am getting an error message that "Quantity Conversion Interface: No response from external programs"

In the help of this error message it is suggested to run report ROIB_QCI_CALL_TEST (T-code O3D2) to test the communication with external routines. When I checked it is actually getting failed, so can anybody suggest where I need to check for these routines.

What do I need to check with the BASIS guys in order to ensure that these routines are available and QCI calculations are happening?

thanks,

Ritesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh

Assuming that you are using API - C routine for QCI.

Please let me know if you are using ASTM(old version) or ASTM_2004 (latest version) ?

In case you are using old command, i.e. astm

Please check at operating system level, following command ;

ASTM <table1> <density> <temp>

for ex: ASTM tab24b 0.000642 15.5

This should provide you result at Operating system level. Only then you can expect O3QCITEST to provide result.

Let me know.

Regards

Nilesh Thakkar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh

Assuming that you are using API - C routine for QCI.

Please let me know if you are using ASTM(old version) or ASTM_2004 (latest version) ?

In case you are using old command, i.e. astm

Please check at operating system level, following command ;

ASTM <table1> <density> <temp>

for ex: ASTM tab24b 0.000642 15.5

This should provide you result at Operating system level. Only then you can expect O3QCITEST to provide result.

Let me know.

Regards

Nilesh Thakkar

0 Kudos

Ritesh

Are you using ASTM(1980) version or latest ASTM_2004 version from API ?

It appears that we are using ASTM_2004 version and facing same problem under SUN OS (unix) environment?

Can you please share you operating system (Unix - SUN) and API C Routine version(ASTM Version ?

Feel free to contact me my handy, in case necessary.

Regards

Nilesh Thakkar

M : 98197 83800

0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Thanks a lot, I will give you a call today.

thanks,

Ritesh