cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising Event from Change Document - not the main table

lori_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

I currently have workflow events being triggered from change documement object MELDUNG. The main table in the object is QMEL. I would also like to trigger an event when a change document is written for table IHPA - which is also part of change document object MELDUNG.

In transaction SWED, see the entry for MELDUNG with the Leading table defined as QMEL. I understand I need this for my existing workflow events to continue to work.

How can I raise an event when a MELDUNG change document is written for table IHPA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

Seems change object MELDUNG can be used to trigger events for the following objects:

BUS2038 Maintenance Notification

BUS2078 Quality notification

BUS2080 Service notification

BUS7050 Claim

BUS7051 General Notification

The IHPA fields monitored for the change are ADRNR, PARNR & PARVW. For any changes to these fields, you can trigger an event for any of the above objects. You will have to extend the object that is most suitable for your need and define a custom event.

But table IHPA has data for other objects (Equipment, Orders) too. I am not certain if it is included in other change doc. objects.

HTH,

Ramki Maley.

lori_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are correct about the objects/events that are triggered by change document object MELDUNG. We have extended BUS2078 and as long as the change document that is written is for the main table QMEL, events trigger correctly.

The issue is when a change document is written for table IHPA (which is part of change document object MELDUNG) but it is not defined as the main table in SWED.

In our situation, an insert is done into IHPA, the change document is written, but the event is NOT triggered since IHPA is not defined as the main table in SWED. In this particual instance, there are no updates to the main table QMEL - only to IHPA.