cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I have an ECC system and a SCM (APO-DP) sytem both on different systems...in my architecture

Master data in APO DP is the CVC ....now through CIF what is it that i would transfer to SCM system (APO -DP)...

Is creating a CIF needed if we have only APO DP in place...

Please let me know...

Regards

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

Initially we are going to have the Characteristics and key figures with the help of inbuilt BW otherwise we can get data from one of legacy system ,so there is no need to use CIF functionality for APO DP.for releasing demand planning to snp we use only location and products as characteristics and forecast as key figure.

Thanks

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

It depends what all fuctionalities you are using in DP. If you are using DP BOMs or PDS then you need CIF,but if you are just doing the standard Forecasting and Statistical Fcst generation and release of Fcst. for further Planning and Execution then CIF is not required.

However APO DP has its own BW and that needs to be integrated with BI system if you have BI also for reporting purposes, in such case you need to have Historical data transfered from ECC to APO BW Via BI and from APO BW you need to transfer the same to the Planning Area. I hope you are aware of the Transactions for doing that.

In case you are not having BI then you need to get the Sales History from the CIF into APO BW.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Please explain in detail about - how the transactional data comes into APO ?

Thanks,

Prabhat

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would require CIF in the scenario where you want to use the DP PDS functionality. In this scenario, you would need to create DP PDS (or PPM) from SNP or PPDS PDS (or PPM). Apart from this, normally for DP purpose, you would ideally be getting data through BW to APO Demand Planning. So, using CIF is not mandatory for DP purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

As you have already pointed out, your DP is now well equipped

with master data which is CVC, MPOS etc.,

In such case, CIF has no role to transfer master data part.

But for historical data transfer for demand planning, if you require

data like sales orders, scheduling agreements, etc., then you can

use BW functionality (using infocubes) to transfer those data

from ECC to SCM APO.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

CIF is optional for APO DP it is not mandatory.

if u have ECC as well then you can plan the ECC material (location -Product) in APO DP.

You can send forecast back to ECC in this way u can use CIF.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Rakesh,

There is no data in standard which is transfered to or from R/3 in DP

APO-DP do not use CIF at all.

Regards

Vaibhav