Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to launch a word document through VC

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement which is as follows:

I need to provide help for the screens of my application for which there are separate word documents which describes the process of using the application.

There are about 6 help documents (MS word). I need to have a "Help" link on every screen. On click of the "Help" link a new window must open and the word document should be displayed. Can the word documents be stored on the server?

How can we achieve this. The Visual Composer version is 7.1

Regards,

Poojith MV

Edited by: Poojith M V on Nov 18, 2009 10:15 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith MV,

You can use a Dynamic Web Project to upload documents, images etc. to a J2EE server (i.e. a server that runs VC).

This is done in the NWDS.

You create a new Dynamic Web Project (from the File -> New -> Project... dialog) with an EAR project, copy the documents to the WebContent folder in the Dynamic Web Project, export the EAR project as SAP EAR file and deploy that file to the VC server (configured in Window -> Preferences -> SAP AS Java). Then you can access the file using the Dynamic Web Project name (http://<server>:<port>/<dynamic web project name>/<document name>).

Let me know if you encounter a problem with this method.

Best regards,

Tal.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tal,

Can u provide me any document or tutorials describing the steps for the doing this. I am new to VC, therefor a document can help me in doing it quicker.

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

A document for this is in the process of being published in SDN. It should be available in the next few days, and I will provide the link once it is available.

Best regards,

Tal.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know once the content is ready with the link. It is very much needed for me.

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can view the document [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a0a0afa8-85b9-2c10-f2a8-842b97273c61].

Note that while it talks about using images, it can be applied to any content you want to publish on your J2EE engine (including word documents).

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I would try following this document. Will let u know if any problems arise.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Answers (0)