cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element Numbering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In my system, I am creating a project definition with a certain number say vh/09/0015 as per defined coding logic

Under this, I can create WBS elements with subsequent numbers as vh/09/0015/01, /02 and so on....

But I am also able to create a number which confirms to coding logic, but can not be a part of this project Ex - I can create number as vh/09/0018/01.

Actually even though this number is correct as per coding logic....but I should not be able to create it under 15 numbe rproject.

i.e. system is just checking the coding logic consistency...but not checking the consistency with project number.

Please suggest if any config setting needs to do.

I want to have a consistency check with project number and coding logic both.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Validation is better option, but just once check using CNC4 Transaction

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use validation to check the project number in the WBSE hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Validation is one of the option, I have considered.....

But is there any other config setting for the same???

Because we dont have ABAP resource right now.....so validation would be difficult for us.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

no need of ABAP resorce. You can put the prerequisite as WBS level and then validate it against your naming convention. If you have fixed nomenclature hard code it or else use wild card like +.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Rafi,

I need to do the same with hierarchy WBS. Lower level must respect always superior level.

Exemple:  I have code ZZZ-BB-17-9/11 ( PRPS-STUFE = '2' with 10 positions) but I shouldn´t save level 3 with ZZZ-BB-17-9/AA-01 (12 position), because 'AA' is different than '11'.

I tried, but unsucceded:

Prerequisite: PRPS-STUFE = '3'

check:  PRPS-POSID :1-12: >= RCJ_PRPSUP-POSID :1-10:

msg: whatever

any help, thanks