cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design for Availability Check for the Receiver System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario: Request has to be diverted depending on the availability of receiver System.

Design: During Runtime, we will make RFC Lookup call in mapping to Receiver System, to check it availability and accordingly I will determine the Receiver.

Issue: We had the Receiver System Up, the Availability Check using Lookup to Primary Receiver system was successful, but due to table lock issues in the receiver system, request for RFC and Proxies was not responded back. So we got call dumped in PI saying service unavailable exception.

Is there any better design for to handle this kind of scenarios, inorder to have functionality available round the clock?

Regards,

Manikandan R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

You need to identify the availability of the system at mapping level only,i think the approch is to write UDF or simle JAVA Map to check the availability and return same status out put based on that you can route the message.

use wait step in BPM give some particular time to wait,then process the message,in this case we are going check only once. if you want check repeatedly use loop and put your mappingt,but this is not at all adviceble.

other way develop scenario ,if system down means communication channel throws error,based on that raise a alert,so that appropriate people will take action.

but most of cases availability of system is 24 hours , but i am not sure about your case.raising alert is the good idea.

Regards,

Raj