cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print same table contents in the two separated sub form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 2 tables one for documents and the other for items and they linked by document number,( for each document number there is one or more item)

The scenario is

In the first page, print a detail of first document as a header (from documents table) then list all items related to this document (form items table) then page break then print second document and so onu2026

In the Life cycle designer 7.1, I created table inside table (Documents table: as header row and items table as Body row)

And its work fine.

But the problem is:

I need footer in all pages (So I created it in master page) and in this footer I need fields from the Documents table?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is easy. You need to use different content driving in your subforms.

Use tab Object - Subform - Content in LCD when pointing on subform. Set content like this:

page subform - content = positioned <<------ IMPORTANT: setup the layout attributes (width, height, x, y) so the footer left top corner is independent on table and footer left top corner is set up using x, y (left, top) to stay at the bottom of the page.

subform header = positioned/ flowed as you wish

subform table = must be flowed to add lines to a table

subform footer = same as header

Hope this solves the problem, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that before

But the problem is: the table lines will not go to the next page, even with checking "Allow Page Break within Content".

and what the make this issue more Difficult is I need the footer in all pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saleh,

you need to use scripting to achieve this. I would recommend using a script to populate the footer.

Technically, it is only possible to bind once to a repeated data structure (i.e. a binding expression with "[*]"). Every data node can be only consumed once for bindings (this is also true for implicit binding (default binding = "normal")). You can easily check this if a copy a table and use it twice in a form. The second table will be empty. So for your form you have to work around this.

Regards,

Juergen

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

why would you place the footer on the master page?

You have your header with document info on the body page (not master), so you should have the footer here as well, or not? Create your page/ subform structure like this:

- Header

- Lines

- Footer

and in footer use the header data as you wish (you place the footer data in a header section in ABAP coding or create a table like a)header b) footer c) lines and a table of this structure as a single line).

Have a nice day, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer

Your tight, I can do it if the footer in the body page.

but I placed the footer in the master page because I need to placed it in the end of the page, but if I placed it the body page it will placed in the end of the table?!

Regards,

Edited by: saleh mohammed on Nov 18, 2009 12:19 PM