cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pls explain terms certificate and notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello All ,

can you please let me know the relation between Certificate and notification (how to creat both ) and when this willl be comes during inspection ,

whats the function of both ..i am little confuse ,please help ...

regards

Prerna Varma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are some settings present in sap for both certificate & notification

certificate:

certificate is required when any material is purchased from vendor or when we sell any material to customer. in both the cases we can record of certificate from sap.

notification:

when we want to convey any non confirmity of any material notification is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

if we consider both then what massage is transefer to vendor and custmer thruogh it ?

Regards

Prerna

Former Member
0 Kudos

certificates:

vendor:

through qc51 we can maintain record of certificate recd. from vendor w.r.t. purchase order.

if certificate is not supplied at the time of delivery we can send reminder to vendor.

customer:

through qc21 record is maintained in our system, for each certificate. certificate can be directly printed and send to customer

notification:

vendor :

if there is any non confirmity (defect )found any material, by creating notification direct mail can be send to vendor regading same. also it keeps record of tasks and activities taken for that defect.

customer:

record of customer complaints can be maintained through notification.

in sap various reports are also present which can give status of certificate and notification at a glance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Certificate & notification are different from each other & no relation.

Certificate is a document physical or soft form,which you receive from vendor during receiving or you submit to customer during delivery inspection.

For Receiving Certificate is through QC51 and control key defined in the QM view.

For Delivery Certificate can be created through QC01/QC11 & QC21 t codes with certificate Profile.

Notifications: In QM are either automatically generated or manually created.

like F2 notification against vendor is automatically created auto by recording defect in inspection lot.

& Q2 is notification against vendor is manually created through QM01

I hope this will add some value

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sujit ,

if we consider both then what massage is transefer to vendor and custmer thruogh it ?

Regards

Prerna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Certificate : We receive from vendor or we give it to customer.

It only tells about the Material that vendor is supplying to you or whatever you are manufacturing,supplying to customer is as per conformance or adhere to standard specification.

Notification:Theoretically means that there is certain defect or non-conformity found in the product supplied from the vendor.

This you are informing to vendor & asking for corrective action.

I hope this we make you comfortable

Sujit