cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI_BTCH* Error

elizabethwalker
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a BI_BTCH Job that is running at a specific time every day. Every day, it is cancelled. I do not know what BW Job or infopackage it is attached to. Our Basis Administrator would like the cancelled job to be resolved. Is there a simply way, (besides going through all the infopackages) to determine what is kicking off that job? I have no errored infopackages in the monitor.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth:

Right out of mind, I have this suggestion.

Note down the date and time when the job was started and when it was cancelled.

Go to SE11/se16.

Table RSREQDONE

Fields of interest to you.

DATUM

UZEIT

TSTATUS

TDATUM

TUZEIT

Here, enter the start date and time, try variations here. I am sure you will fing that job that was cancelled. TSTATUS will either be yellow or red. Since you know the approximate time, you will find the right record.

Copy the value in field name - LOGDPID

This is the name of the infopcakage.

Now, go to RSA1 and search. THis should give you the infopackage that was running.

Let me know if this worked.

Good luck

Ram Chamarthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

One way is find the datasource/datatarget from the log of SM37 or if you don't have any log for that batchjob then from STO3N you can find the entry for that particular time on the server details. May be you can get the request and from that you can find a solution..

Or if you can identify the PID you can also catch it up in processs overview SM50.

Hope this helps..

Best Regards,

DMK

*Assign points if it serves your purpose...

elizabethwalker
Explorer
0 Kudos

The error that I found:

The termination occurred in the ABAP program "RSBATCH1" in "START-Of-SELECTION". The main program was "RSBATCH1 ". The termination occurred in line 222 of the source code of the (Include) program "RSBATCH1" of the source code of program "RSBATCH1" (when calling the editor 2220).

The program "RSBATCH1" was started as a background job.

Jobname........ "BI_BTCHCM8OQTZLMHHGT1P3JXF53EP"

Jobinitiator... "ALEREMOTE"

Job number...... 15452005

I didn't find any datasource/datatarget names anywhere. I monitored the process overview yesterday at the exact time it ran and didn't see anything. I am not familiar with st03N so I'm not sure how to manipulate around that screen. Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth

I also have the same issue, did you figure out the solution. If so please let me know.

Thanks

Prasad Talluru