cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate currencies twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! I need convert currency twice. Example:

"EUR"->"RUB"->"USD". Instead "EUR" and "USD" would be some different currencies. I read that it is possible but can't understand how I can do it.

I try two ways.

The first way was with define two calculated figures. The one of them = amount with convert from source currency into RUB and the second = the first with convert into target currency (with variable). It's not worked! (If I made it right).

The second way was described in thread with named "Short question about Update routine fro ODS" in this topic. It does not work too.

What the right way for do it? If step by step instructions will be avaliable it will be fine.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Andrey

You can try to create two calculated kf equal to your first EUR KF. Add to these key figure custom currency conversion previously created with trans. code RRC1 -

EUR to RUB

RUB to USD

With this method the currency conversion to RUB And USD should be created at query runtime.

Hope it helps

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried do it so:

I create currency conversion type with source currency from source record and target currency that selected in runtime (ZNB1CURR1). After this I created one calculated KF1 with conversion ZNB1CURR1 and target currency 'RUB'. And I create another one KF2 = KF1 with conversion ZNB1CURR1 (I thought that in this case I get 'RUB' as source currency) to variable (with ask user for currency). But in result I'am not get currency from my variable but difefrent source currencies (as it store in ODS). It's very strange and I can't understand why BW do it so.

Need I create two different types of currency conversion for correct? Why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question very hight important still.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

I think you can do it at extraction level, not in the report level.

IF possible add one more key figure for USD values and caluculate/translate from EUR to USD in update rules.

Use Function Module RSW_RATE_GET_BASIC to get rate from source to target currency for a specific date.

By using this you can do in two steps.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Srini.

I can't do it at extraction level because exchange rates are maintaining by R3 users

and they can make mistake and correct some old rates.

It will be more difficult for correct data in cubes.

"Use Function Module RSW_RATE_GET_BASIC to get rate..."

In the other thread I try using the function 'CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY'. Is it wrong?

I found in help that it's possible in BEx (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ee/301c22ab159943aa99571d51c59245/content.htm)

but I can't understand - what I need doing for this.

Message was edited by: Andrey Korobov

Message was edited by: Andrey Korobov