Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Customer through VD05 / XD05

VineetJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have Blocked a customer for a Sales Area and for a specific company code through VD05 / XD05. Howsoever, when I am performing the Billing, the System creates a Billing Document and does not block.

Is it something that the system does not consider the Sales documents created earlier to blocking of the Customer? If so is there any Note to consider the Old Sales Orders?

Kindly suggest a solution.

Regards

Vineet Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System should not allow you to create any billing docs..even for old documents as well..

Check ur settings once again in XD05 and select All Sales areas if u want block him

Or check ur billing docs salea aarea whether it is same as ur blocked sales area..

Reg,

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JJ,

Any customer is blocked means, hence forth new transactions are being stoped. Same customer might have been received material but not billed.If system does not allow you to create billing documents how you get receivables for old issues?. How about of other transactions which are in ' being processed' status.

I have faced this kind of scenario for my client. Practially iam telling that is not correct process to block existing customers without allowing subsequent documents. If at all you require to stop completely delete or cancell all existing docs for that customer.

with regards

Jagan

Edited by: Jagan Mohan on Nov 18, 2009 1:02 PM

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

I apologise. U r correct as i didn't check this..Now it is clear..

Reg,

JJ

VineetJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have double checked it but the system still lets me create a Delivery Document and the Billing Document without any error. I have put block for all the Sales Area at delivery and Billing level.

Any suggestions,

Reagdrs

Vineet Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Have you gone through my above two explanations properly. Please understand and follow the process.

Thanks&regards

Jagan

VineetJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Jagan,

I have gone through the settings properly and have also understood it peoperly. Howsoever, I would like to know if the I have created an order first and then blocked the Customer for Delivery and Billing, will the system block or not?

In my case, the system is not blocking the delivery for the orders already created.

Kindly suggest.

Regard

Vineet Jain

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If u want the system to block the sales orders for that customer, then reject all the open sales order of this customer with the reason say "cutomer is blocked" ..and create new sales orders and now sytem will not allow you to create delivery for them since the customer is assigned to deliv.block.

Since you created those sales orders before you block him it will still allow you to create the deliveries. Its kind of same logic as condition records.

Reg,

JJ

Edited by: Jagsap on Nov 18, 2009 1:38 PM

VineetJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jagan,

I will check and revert back.

Regards

Vineet Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vineet,

Yes , System would allow all subsequent documents , had you been created sales orders earliar on that customer. But you can't create new sales document once the customer is blocked.