cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Sender - how to select specific items out of inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm implementing Mail2RFC interface. since will be able to manage only single mail box, for implementing multiple interfaces, I'm looking for a way to "get" specific message (according to known criteria; e.g., message subject) from this "common" mail box.

better solution is to configure the mail sender (if feasible) or other Integration Builder object. I'll like to avoid managing the solution over ESB objects.

Regards

Uri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uri,

By using dynamic configuration you can get the subject line dynamically.

Check this links

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

Regards

Ramesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is regarding mail sender channel and not for mail receiver channel (as both the thread and the blog discuss)

The Otherwise option mentioned by Chris seems a way out....there seems to be no setting available in this regards for a Mail Channel

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I considered working with BPM (following this link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00d5a235-4803-2a10-f682-889d67c69975&override.... yet, i think the best (most simple, esay to scale) is to implement by 2 steps: (1) Mail2File (2)File2RFC.

10x for your help

Uri

Edited by: uri karagila on Nov 18, 2009 12:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uri,

I think it's not possible using standard XI mail adapter (settings do not provide any filtering options), and I'm even not sure POP3 or IMAP allow you to pull specific msgs according to selection criterias (I may be wrong) ... So if one of this protocol allows it, I think you'll have to go for a custom mail adapter that will fulfill your need !

Otherwise (and this is what we've done), you can pull all msgs, route them according to its attributes (sender, subject, recipient) to the corresponding targets and when XI is not able to deal with some msgs, ignore them (in the rcv determination, select the corresponding option so no error is raised when recv det does not succeed) ...

Rgds

Chris