cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD Quantity adjustment (proof of delivery)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the quantity differences in POD be adjusted in inventory postings (and COGS).

I've done the confirmation of POD quantities, then am able to create the Invoice. The billing document already reflected the the adjusted quantity. But the PGI posting wasn't adjusted. (add or decrease the original inventory posting)

Give light on this.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As name Implies POD, means it is only proof that it is overdeliver(+) or underdelivery(-), This is happen after you done PGI for deliver,It is not prior to PGI.

if it is prior to deliver then it is delivery tolrance, overdeliver or underdliver you can maintain this tollrance in customer master>>>sales area data>>>under shipping tab.

Regards,

kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Nov 18, 2009 8:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi . Thank you for your reply. So this POD is only for Invoice adjustment?

Then sales and COGS will not be in balance? How can we account for the quantity difference?

e.g.

PGI = 5pcs

POD = 4pcs

Invoice = 4pcs

How can I return back the 1pc to stock?

Pls shed some light ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In my scenario My COGS is directly pick up from material master>>>Accounting View.

Example

Sales order qty.>>1 & Net price is 10 euro

Deliver qty/PGI >> 1 - Here COGS is 1 euro

POD (+1) >>>>>> 2

Invoice qty >>>>>2 Net price is 20 euro

Here when I release invoice to accounting system genrates accounting documents>>> In profitability analysis document

Now COGS is 2 euro, if it is reverse scenario then COGS is 1 euro.

only poblem in inventory plus/minus.

Regards,

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for the reply.. In my profitability analysis, I dont see any values in the COGS ... would you know how I can have this populated?

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IMG>>>Contolling>>>Proftability analysis>>>Flow of actual values>>>Direct posting from FI/MM>>>Maintain PA Transfer structure for direct posting.

In this select structure - FI>>>Double click on assignment line>>>select asignment (COGS)>>>Maintain source cost element>>>and Value field as (VVOT0).

You can do this with help of FICO team.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for your reply.. this is very helpful.. I think this is one of the solutions we can have.. I just need to find help with my FICO team..

Cheers

Answers (0)