cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI screens in Web dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an easy way to convert SAPU GUI screns like VA01 into webdynpro screens like the old way of doing with ITS?

I don't want to use the SAP portal. I just want to use Webdynpro ABAP only. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for your prompt reply. At least my doubts are cleared and now I don't have to look for too many options.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. But our scenario is, we have some custom Webdynpros and I want to call SAP standard screens based on the inputs on the screens. ITS and Wedynpro user experience and data transfer will be totally difrenet. So we cannot compine both of them.

Any other tips?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. But our scenario is, we have some custom Webdynpros and I want to call SAP standard screens based on the inputs on the screens. ITS and Wedynpro user experience and data transfer will be totally difrenet. So we cannot compine both of them.

Any other tips?

Thanks,

Ramesh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

ITS is the only tool with automatic translation of SAPGUI screens. Even if we autoconverted to Web Dynpro, you would end up with a Web Dynpro Screen that pretty much looks and feels like the old SAPGUI screen. There is a screen conversion wizard in Web Dynpro, but it isn't really recommended. It only does partial conversion, the screen designs aren't optimal (hence the WDA that looks like a dynpro) and the code of the component is messy. You really need to redesign from scratch to take advantage of the features of Web Dynpro.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you want direct translation of SAPGUI screens then why not still use the ITS. It works perfectly fine and doesn't require the Portal.