cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro caching old data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inside my WD4A application, I am changing the status on a task on a service notification and save. It works. I go to the GUI and look at the notification task and it has changed.

Now when I go to refresh the data on the view using the BAPI, it gets the OLD data. I even tried selecting from the database directly to get the data and it still gets the old data.

If I completely close the application and load it back up, it shows the NEW data. What kind of thing is going on?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think that you shuld use invalidate method for your node in which you are getting the value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is beyond invalidating the node.

The data that gets retrieved after I make the change to the task is getting pulled up from the database as the old data until I close my session and restart the application.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It seems unlikely that this has anything to do with Web Dynpro - as you say the data from the retrival itself is old (I assume you are debugging and seeing the data in the internal table after the SQL/API call). This logic is just normal ABAP and not effected by Web Dynpro. I suspect that the tables you are reading are buffered and therefore you are hitting the memory buffers and not the table itself - leading to a delay in the new data being present. The restart of the application may just be a coincident that this is enough time for the buffer to be updated. Try adding the BYPASSING BUFFER command to the SQL statement and see if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was pulling the data from the database using BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_GET_DETAIL

I will try selecting directly from the proper tables with that and see. As far as waiting a specified amount of time, I've waited 1 minute and it still pulls up old.

If that doesn't work, my backup plan is to store all the data into another node which I manage myself for the entire session.

Thanks.

Edited by: Joshua Harris on Nov 18, 2009 8:55 AM

Edited by: Joshua Harris on Nov 18, 2009 8:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

That fixed the problem exactly. Do you know of any way to bypass the buffer using the BAPI rather than doing the select statement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That fixed the problem exactly. Do you know of any way to bypass the buffer using the BAPI rather than doing the select statement?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Some BAPIs have an importing parameter that tells it to bypass the buffer. Without that I don't know any way sort of modifying the code that you could have it do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer ..at least specific for notifications. Using FM IQS1_REFRESH_ALL will refresh the buffer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer ..at least specific for notifications. Using FM IQS1_REFRESH_ALL will refresh the buffer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could this be an SAP issue with web applications and not just web dynpro specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could this be an SAP issue with web applications and not just web dynpro specific?