cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP recommanded WebDynpro ABAP Startup parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

We have a webdynpro abap application where the display at the browser is very slow.

The problem is not at the application itself. All table read are very quick. But when displaying the record to the browser it is deadly slow.

1000 records:

Read time less than 1 second.

Display time to the browser 28 seconds.

All the code has been optimized to reduce reading time. But the time required to display is killing all users patience.

I would like to know if someone has any kind of documentation indicating SAP recommandation of the startup parameters, at the WAS level or at any levels.

Is there any tools available to trace where is the bottle neck? Why it is so slow to display?

So far, the debugging tool just indicates that all database read section are working with great efficiencies.

we tested the application using windows explorer 7 and firefox 3.5. Same result with both browsers.

any suggestino wil be highly appreciated.

Regards

DSTJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You canrefer to this thread

[]

(answer by Thomas)

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunatly the tread is refering to WebDynpro Java.

My problem is related to WebDynpro ABAP.

Regards

DSTJ

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Priya

>

> Thank you for your answer.

>

> Unfortunatly the tread is refering to WebDynpro Java.

>

> My problem is related to WebDynpro ABAP.

>

> Regards

> DSTJ

I'm not sure where you are getting that. The suggestions I provide for performance monitoring in the referenced thread are totally for Web Dynpro ABAP only.

To your original questions, of the 1000 rows how many are you displaying on the client side? If you are trying to display a table UI element with all 1000 rows visible, then that could be the source of your problem. Try limiting the visible row count to 10 or 20.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas

Thank you for your reply.

At the browser level, the display has been set to 10 rows only.

The selected record at the server level is 1000 records. But only 10 rows are displayed at a time.

I am trying to find any documentation related to parameters that have to be setted to have optimal performance using WebDynpro ABAP application.

Related to my comment where the information was refering the webdynpro java was related to the Arun P. link not your post.

The WD_TRACE_TOOL give some information. Unfortunatly I don't know how to use it. I need to play with it.

You refered to CTRLALTSHIFT+P. I don't know where to perform those key stroke. I tried at the browser level, at the SE80 level without success. So, I didn't understand that part.

If you can guide me further, it will be highly appreciatted.

Regards

DSTJ

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

CTRLALTSHIFT+P must be issued in the browser, but as stated in the other forum posting only works on NetWeaver 7.01.

There really aren't special startup parameters for WDA. On the server, the user session runs just like any other dialog user session.

Something is certainly wrong with your application if startup takes that long. Do SAP sample application also take that long to start? If you set a breakpoint in the WDDOINIT, do you have to wait all that time before the breakpoint is trigger or does the wait time happen after the INIT event?

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You canrefer to this thread []

(answer by Thomas)

Priya