Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate attachments to material or equipment

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anybody around who has migrated the documents that were attached via GOS (service for objects) to a material master or an equipment from one SAP system to another?

We are merging SAP systems, and the to be migrated 46c system has some thousand drawings and documents attached to materials and equipments.

I need to find a way to get these attachments somehow into the ECC6 system. Appreciate ANY help.

I know the tables for the GOS objects in ECC6, SRBCSBREL has the link between the material and the attachment, but unfortunatly this table is not present in 46c. Anybody knows the table that holds this info in 46c?

7 REPLIES 7

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 46c I can start with SRRELROLES table (which is as well available in ECC6).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anybody here with experience on this toppic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen.

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am faced with exactly the same problem - how to get the GOS attachments to follow the migrated objects into a new and completely independent SAP system.

Alex.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am working with SAP together in this case.

SAP has nothing in standard.

They will create a program for us, of course we have to pay for it.

we have our next project meeting monday, then we will see how far the development is.

Pyc
Participant
0 Kudos

G'day Jurgen,

Did you get a solution to this?

Thanks,
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day All,

Even I have a similar requirement to migrate vendor master attachment from one purchase organization to another purchase organization. Can anyone help me giving a solution. I need extraction and upload procedures. Otherwise please let me know if there are any other option to do the same by copying the table entries in some tables.

Thanks in advance,

Abdul

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as I already said in my earlier reply, we bought the program from SAP. It was specially developed for us.