cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert in BPM not triggered anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a strange behavior in my integration process. I defined an alert category in ALRTCATDEF and in my BPM I trigger an alert using that defined category.

This worked fine so far, but after making some non alert-related changes in the process and reactivating it, no more alerts are visible using report RSALERTDISP. Even when rolling back the history to a process version that already worked no more alerts are received.

Checking the workflow log I can see that the alert step is executed successfully "Triggers a process alert in the background" : --> Step completed.

What I have seen however is that in the list with technical details the ALERT_ID in the container is 00000. In earlier tests there was always a value assigned.

Could this be a reason or are there any limitations on the max. number of alerts that can be sent?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
This worked fine so far, but after making some non alert-related changes in the process and reactivating it, no more alerts 
are visible using report RSALERTDISP. Even when rolling back the history to a process version that already worked no more 
alerts are received.

Did you checked the return code of your IP in SXI_CACHE after activating the changes?

Also do a check on the BPM in IR....F7...and see if there are any warning messages.

There is no limit on the number of alerts that can be raised....just that you should have unchecked Suppress Multiple Alerts option in RWB and Alert Rule should be active

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

You cannot use suppress multiple alerts option of RWB for this, as this alert category is being used in BPM control step.

You need to check if the BPM is in a healthy state by checking its returning code in SXI_CACHE

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your input.

Yes, I have checked the status of the activated process in SXI_CACHE. Return Code is 0 so there should be no problem.

Even when checking the graphical and technical workflow log, the alert step was executed succesfully, the only thing I see in the log for technical details of the relevant alert step is that the ALERT_ID is 00000 for those process instances where I do not get an alert.

Any other ideas?

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Please check transaction SLG1 where you will find role assignment to service users for alert . May be that RFC user doesnt have role .. just check everything should be green with respect to alerts

Please let me know if that works

Regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

actually I just see the application log in SLG1 but no roles. However the roles were not changed after the working version was executed.

Today the alert triggering works. Could there be a limiation on the number of alerts that can be triggered for a certain user?

Edited by: Florian Guppenberger on Nov 18, 2009 10:24 AM