cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Login Screens to a portal

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been trying to create multiple logon screens to the same portal.

Copying and modifying com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak isn't a problem.

Changing authschemes.xml isn't either.

The problem is that I can only use 1 logon screen at the same time. The 'default' authscheme logon screen is always used for logons.

My atttempt: I have made an iview and portal component that use a different authscheme. Then I use an url that directly points to that iview. But this still gives me the 'default' logon screen.

If I give a higher priority to the other authscheme, I still have to login with the 'default' login, but the iview itself has been replaced by the other login screen

I am assuming that the 'default' authscheme is still used by other parts of the page I call with that url.

I'd appreciate some fresh ideas.

Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

Thats interesting. I have not used the SiteMinder Plugin before. Thanks for the helpful information.

Best Regards,

Phani - SAP Basis Expert.

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

That is possible for EP7. In EP6

how about using the reverse Proxy and depending on the URL you show dynamically (per if clause) a different login page (images, html code).

<% StringBuffer url = request.getRequestURL();

%>

<label class=urLblStd for="logonuidfield">

You came from : <%= url.substring(0, url.lastIndexOf(":")) %>

</label>

If you do that, you get back to the correct loginscreen

after logout.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

I don't think it is possible to have mulitple login screens in EP 6.0. There might be some purely custom stuff that could make this possible and I am not sure as I am not a developer. I have heard sometime back that this feature would be possible in EP 7.0.

Keith: I think that you are referring to multiple URLs for a portal login screen and not having multiple portal screens. Please confirm if that is what you intend to say.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phani,

We have one url for each different login screen.

For example: http://portal.sap.com/login1.fcc and http://portal.sap.com/login2.fcc .

After you authenticate to each of these pages you are reverse proxied to the same portal server.

Regards,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

Thanks for the information.

http://portal.sap.com/login1.fcc - This takes you to a portal login screen 1. Assume that this is a cutomized login screen

http://portal.sap.com/login2.fcc - This takes you to a portal login screen 2. Assume that this is the standard/default portal login screen.

If this is your current scenario, then there must be some application logic implemented at the Portal side to get this done. Can you please advise.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phani,

Actually both login1 and login2 are custom login screens.

We have Apache setup as a Reverse proxy with Siteminder web agent installed. So a user request portal.sap.com/irj/index.html. This hits the Apache server and Siteminder knows that anything /irj is "protected" so it presents login1.fcc and authenticates the user and then sends the user information in a Header Variable to the portal.

On the portal side you edit the Authschemes.xml file to tell the portal to look for the id in the header variable.

For the login2.fcc page the process is the same expect that the user is requesting portal.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.navigation.portallauncher.default and thus Siteminder presents this user the login2.fcc page.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Steven,

You have to change the Logon Properties of the UME

Property Name--> login.authschemes.definition.file

Value-->Default value is authschemes.xml.

Description-->Defines which file is used to define the available authentication schemes in SAP NetWeaver Portal.

Procedure:

1. Start the Config Tool by executing <SAPJ2EEEngine_installation>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat.

2. In the tree, navigate to Global server configuration>services>com.sap.security.core.ume.service.

The list of UME properties appears.

To change the value of a property:

i. Select the property in the list.

ii. In Value at the bottom of the screen, enter the new value that you want to assign to the property.

iii. Choose Set.

iv. Choose (Apply changes).

You provide the value as modified authschemes.xml.

Hope this will help.

PS: If helpful award points

--Deepak

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I already have this property pointing to the correct authschemes.xml file.

My question concerns the use of the authschemes in authschemes.xml itself.

I was wondering if there is a way to make different entry point for the portal (like http://server:port/irj2) that would use a authscheme other than default.

Steven

Message was edited by: Steven Geens

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Apache acting as a reverse proxy with Siteminder installed. This allows us to have multiple login screens since the Apache servers are hosting the login pages.

Regards,

Keith