cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GuiGridView Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm attempting to extract information out of a GuiGridView object via scripting. The GridView class provides row and column count, and I would have expected to be able to simply iterate through the cells by incrementing my row and column counters.

However, all of the "get" functions related to cell information (value, type, etc.) require a numeric row (fine) and a string column (what?). I can only assume that it wants the textual representation of the column header? I'm not sure about that, because I tried hard coding a column value in a get request and it threw an exception.

So what can I do with my GuiGridView object to get a list of columns that I can use to iterate through the grid? I've taken a look at ColumnOrder. It returns a GuiCollection, but I can't figure out what to cast the members of that collection to in order to glean any information from them.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jared

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out. Just in case anyone else ever find this question, the resolution was to use ColumnOrder, throwing it into a GuiCollection. Then you can cast the ElementAt() function of the GuiCollection to a string to get the column header string.