cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Solution Manager Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

We have implemented SAP ECC 6.0 in our company, our Organization decided to implement SolMan SP15. I will be a part of the team to implement SolMan. Just give a background of my experience, I am a MM Consultant.

I need some direction from the Experts, first from where to start. Any relevant links to the right documents will be very helpful.

Secondly for a SolMan consultant what should be the prerequisite from the previous experience point out view. It is required that the candidate to have SAP Basis knowledge.

Any helpful guidelines and links to the material will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find all the information needed for the installation from the below location:

service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Componens -> SAP Solution Manager.

A strong BASIS knowledge is always recommended for Soltion Manager operations. Also, for any type of installation, BASIS knowledge is requied.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajeev, We have Basis team working with us. We go to them for any help. I can say I have little or no knowldge of Basis.

I am given the choice in my organization to join the SolMan team to implement. I am in a bit confusion, will I be able to justify and manage this new role. I am a MM consultant, who has experience in confuguring and implementing MM module in the team.

SO considering this background, I like to ask if this is a good option to take this challenge or keep out of SolMan.

If I need to take this new role, what I should work and concentrate on in the initial stages of the project. I was asking specific documents or links, that will be helpful. I am sure Service center > Solution Manager has got huge knowledge base.

Appreciate your advise

Thanks

James

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

For you it is better to go to Solution manager functional role...or Solution consultant

which is actually involved in implementation point of view.

For you it is not required to learn basis........for e.g u r gng to do a ECC implementation ....wht is req from u will be

Basis will set up landscape RFC logical component etc

And you will create a project in solmaan do the blueprint in Solar01 etc.......for satellite ECC system

and Even in the operation like Service Desk /CHARMS etc....can BASIS go and understand client processes ....and implement it in solman service desk.

I dont think so....basis install solman and activate bc sets and do some basic configuration.....

there after there are lot of CRM sort of configration like Sold to party and other BP creation with determination rule which is ofcourse can be done by you as u being functional role understand the ORG hierarchy of the client.SLA implementation etc.

I hope it clarifies ur doubt

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for all your advise...