cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic SOAP Recvr for each plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have a requirement for configuring SOAP Url for each plant dynamically. There are more than 100 plants world wide.

I am getting the plant from IDoc. based on the plant, I need to pass the message to corresponding webservice.

I am doing first time this configuring (& I am from non-Java background).

my question is:

1) Need I create 100 times the Adapter meta data?

2) Do I need to maintain [Plant]---[completer SOAP URL] in value mepping or fixed mapping?

3) What exact parameters I need to use in the Adapter module and Adapter Specific Message attributes(We are working with PI 7.0)?

(XHeaderName1, XHeaderName2, XHeaderName3... or TServerLocation)

If anybody have complete walk-through, please provide me.

Appreciate your help & Thanks in Adv...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) Need I create 100 times the Adapter meta data?

If they only differ in Target URL, then no need to create it 100 times. Create only one, and change it accordingly by dynamic configuration of parameter TServerLocation.

> 2) Do I need to maintain [Plant]---[completer SOAP URL] in value mepping or fixed mapping?

If the url are completely different for each plant and there is not any standard pattern, then value/fixed mapping is required.

If there is only minor change in url, it can be handled easily in udf.

> 3) What exact parameters I need to use in the Adapter module and Adapter Specific Message attributes(We are working with PI 7.0)? (XHeaderName1, XHeaderName2, XHeaderName3... or TServerLocation)

Fill XHeaderName1 with TServerLocation

> If anybody have complete walk-through, please provide me.

Have a look at this wiki - http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/2007/06/22/SOAPAdapterdynamicURLconfiguration

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ASMA feature using the TServerLocation dynamic header should do the trick ! It allows you to set the target URL dynamically within your msg mappings :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

Chris