cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One smartform for all languages - translation/mandant problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smartformers,

I am trying to develop a translation for a smartform inside the form (translation language chosen by a condition).

I am working on mandant 100 (modifying for other mandants than 100 is not possible).

The problem is, most changes are not in visible in mandant 300 at all.. Is there a way to transfer the smartform to another mandant?

I appreciate Your help on that,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Translations are cross-client for smart forms, text modules... Standard texts (SO10) are client-dependent, you may transport them.

The issue is maybe the way you change the language, do you use SET COUNTRY or something else? Could you tell us more?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found the reason.

Since my translations are all saved in one language(you may ask: who stores translations in one language? but i had to do it that way), after deleting all translations for the target language in STXFTXT, the problem dissapeared.

The form used the target language translations instead of mine in the default language.

Thanks for help, question closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

looks like RS_LXE_RECORD_TORDER does not exist in 4.6B.

Maybe that will clear things out a little: I am not using se63 for translations. so we don't care about the translation problem (anymore;).

I have transferred texts from between clients, but now I want the same on another server (but scc1 is blocked there).

texts are stored in sapscript.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use SCC1 between systems. It is for copying transport request between clients of same systems.

Release your request and import it to QTY system using transaction STMS. Ideally BASIS should do this activity

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the quick replies.

scc1 worked for my dev server, but it's blocked for QA. is there a way to pass it by ?

how do I transport the client-dependent elements between systems?

I am only allowed to create transport requests for client 100 (dev).

Regards,

M.

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RS_LXE_RECORD_TORDER program to assign language traslation to Tr. request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try running the program RSTXTCPY (Only between clients)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Its always good to use SE63 and do Your translations and call ur Form based on ur login langauge or required language.

if not use SLXT tcode and move the Translations to other clients.

or else use SCC1 Tcode to move the request in other clients...

surya

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as said above some changes are client dependent like std. texts.. for such elements you need to assign them to a transport request and use SCC1 Tr, to copy accross clients..