Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Hire form ( HRASR_DT)--- Create back-end service+ByPASS EE+read OM Data

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Weu2019ve created a pre-hire Form/process and we want to achieve the following . Any help will be appreciated !

- We have to By pass employee and need to select Pre-Hire process directly ( how to by pass employee )

- We need to read vacant position in the system OM side and filled up the value ( We are on EHP3 and yes we donu2019t have SAP_PD) .

- After we select the vacant position , it should automatically populate "Display onlyu201D fields such as Pers.Area/subarea,Job key,compnay code,org unit and few more fields from 1nnn infotypes with their text . ( e.g. 1000,1001,1002,.....10nn).

- We are entering Fname and Lname and we want to update IT105 .

I would assume for pre-hire weu2019ll be having some dummy number with R/3 existance , Otherwise how we are going to update IT0105 .

I understand I have to create once service to read data from OM side . I am working on it .

Thanks,

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saquib,

In order to by pass the employee selection, you need to do the following:

1) Go to your process using the transaction HRASR_DT

2) Double click the first child node in under the process --> Validity period.

3) On the screen for the field 'Process type' choose 'Process without start object' from the dropdown

4) Click on the child node 'Process Start' under the node 'Valdity period' and double click on 'Assignment to process groups'.

5) Choose the process group 'HIRE' from F4 help.

For further details, read the blog:

/people/christopher.solomon/blog/2009/08/03/hcm-processes-forms-start-objectwe-dont-need-no-stinkin-start-object

Regards

RG

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks !!! . Here is the thing we are trying to do . We want to by pass an employee which I already got an idea through Blog . It was nice , yes we are on EHP3 and we are trying to read OM data by skipping an employee. We have created a process& form scenario for Pre-hire in T-code HRASR_DT . We have enhance generic service and create our own service to read company code,job key , org and their text from org side . We have also S_MGRS_positions service , so I can read vacant positions for the manager . I have created and bind field with it . ON LCD side , I used ISR library and create drop down , also bind the value plus $.record-sap-vhlist crap .

Even after doing all the stuff I am not seeing any thing happening for me . I also look at user_events and as far I understand you want them when you have some pushbuttons and you want to initialize and do certain operation on that click , in my case I donu2019t have any push button .

All I want it should show me all vacant position for the manager in a drop down , and after I select it should populate all the OM data in display fields based on vacant position number .

Thanks,

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We already implemented the following OSS note

Note 1305199 - Correction in generic service s_mgrs_positions.

It is working fine , when you select an employee and process .. it shows you the value

but for my prehire we are loading the form without an employeee.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Khan

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also implemented the custom service through generic BADI and I default the manager user name and still it is not populating the position in drop down . it seems like one has to have an employee in order to populate the vacant position under manager . Logically it should show the vacant position for the manager , any way we are bypassing the employee selection .

is any body have any idea what is the workaround . like I said ,Iu2019ve tried to hard code manageru2019s user name in custom back-end service but still it is not populating vacant position on form .

Thanks,

Khan

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone,

I also debug standard class "CL_IM_HRASR00ISR" which kicks in every time you initiate process . It has a method "SPECIAL_DATA_TO_CONTAINER". The method looked at table "T5ASRFSCNFLD" with form scenario names and read the fields one by one and set their values . Now here is the catch when Iu2019ve debug with a process which have employee# , it always pass an employee and come back with the vacant positions under manager . BUT when I used the ONE PROCESS in which we are by passing an employee , it not showing any pernr value , so which means in order to get position list , we have to pass a PERNR . It looks wired to me because for PREHIRE process , you donu2019t have a pernr before hand and as a manager you donu2019t care , all you want is vacant position and other fields from OM . On PA side we are entering Fname,Last name ( creating IT0105.

Please tell me my assumption is wrong or tell me there is a workaround .

Thanks,

Saquib khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Test the process in HRASR_TEST_PROCESS weather the value help is populating.

Check the following.

1. Is the field in form side configuration selected for value help.

2. The dropdown UI is liked with values Key and Text

Kind Regards

Mukesh

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did test via HRASR_TEST_PROCESS but unable to see any values!

Thanks,

Saquib Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this thread,

[]

Kind Regards

Mukesh

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried it also but no luck . I noticed that when I am debugging there is no Pernr . Is it wise to assume that we need an employee number in order to see vacant positions for a manager? I am thinking to give employee number in debugging mode and see what will I get this time.

if you look at OSS :Note 1305199 - Correction in generic service s_mgrs_positions. it says "A process is configured using HCM Forms and Processes, which uses generic service S_MGRS_POSITIONS for displaying field PLANS (Position). The field PLANS is having value help and the result for which is not coming correct. Example: Consider a process Org Change for employee Y is started by a manager. Lets assume there are four positions A, B, C and D under manager, out for which position C and D are vacant. When the manager wants to assign new position to employee Y using value help, then all the four positions are shown which is not correct but only vacant positions i.e. position C and D should appear in value help result."

It talks with the reference of an employee .. Does that mean in order to read positions , we need an emplyee ?

Thanks,

Saquib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can get the vacant position by using A 002 relationship to the position(Reporting manager) and vacant flag is true.

The login user can be the manager get the pernr of the manager and qurey the A 002 related position with vacant.

Kind Regards

Mukesh

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukesh , BTW I know how to read the OM stuff based on evaluation path/ Relationship . I am already doing it in my generic BADI . Since we are EHP3 , We`ve implemented the blog below to skip an employee number .

/people/christopher.solomon/blog/2009/08/03/hcm-processes-forms-start-objectwe-dont-need-no-stinkin-start-object

Ever since we skip an employee, it is not showing us anything in position drop down .

Please advice.

Khan

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved myslef!

Thanks

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And it would be great if you could post the solution for benefit of all.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saquib,

I working on Procesess & Forms and unable to read OM data. Please can you share your solution shylaja9 @yah00.com

Thanks

Shyla