cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AFS and SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand AFS offers additional functionalities required for Apparel industry but does it take away or restricts standard ECC functionalities.

What If an organization is into 2 businesses i.e. Garments and FMCG, can they still go ahead and use SAP AFS for both businesses? Is there an impact on Master data, logistics related processes, Financial reporting etc?

Business processes and dynamics in terms of planning, transactions and reporting are quite different for Apparel and FMCG businesses. I am new to AFS and would request experts to guide me on such a solution proposal.

Please share your views.

Thank You

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFS is additional feature it will have no bondation and restriction for other components.

For two different business you can use AFS and standard ECC.

Yes if you are using PP-PI with AFS then it is not possible . It does not support PP PI.

But if you will create different plant for both the business then it will be simpler.

Because MRP execution of AFS and non AFS material is different.

But still if you want to can run seprately in same plant.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Thanks for the information.

What about version management of ECC and AFS? I mean with release on a new enhancement pack of ECC, certain new business functionalities are offered...but with AFS being active, will it not mean that the customer has to wait till the add-on of AFS is also made compatible?

Just the way you mentioned about PP-PI issue... are there any other business functionalities that get impacted? I did come across a message posted where it is stated that free goods functionality is not available with AFS being activated.

Is there any official document from SAP on how AFS activation restricts ECC functionalities...like the one of PP-PI you mentioned?

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As per my knowledge it will not restrict any of the standard functionality.

With PI it restrict because you can only create production order not process order.

AFS act as a add-on rather then separate functionality. I am working on standard ECC 6 with AFS 6.3 and till now AFS haven't created any constraint in standard functionality.

SAP have not released any documentation on it.

Still if you have any doubt revert back.

Regards,

Vishal