cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable end user personalisation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to disable end user personalisation on an ABAP Web dynpro iView.

On Java WD iViews there's a check box that says "disable end user personalisation" but I don't see it in case of abap.

I did notice the "final" check-box but that needs to be applied for every UI element/container separately.

Any ideas...?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I've assigned WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION = X on wd_global_setting node, restarted it but I still see that end users have the option to personalise. Anything that I'm missing here?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please ignore, I've done that globally using wd_global_setting app I accidentally thought that it needs to be applied as a parameter on the service node.

Roy

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have to use the Web Dynpro ABAP application parameter: WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas was about to write back that I've already found it

So does that mean that this can be done from the iView properties/WD personalisation screen but only from the backend?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, if I apply this to the webdynpro node on sicf does that mean it will apply to all web dynpro apps at once?

Roy

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks Thomas was about to write back that I've already found it

> So does that mean that this can be done from the iView properties/WD personalisation screen but only from the backend?

>

> Roy

Well for any of the parameters available as URL parameters, you can set these from the iView using the Application Parameters property on the iView. But since this is particluar parameter doesn't have a URL counterpart I don't know how you would pass it from the iView. I'm hardly a portal expert, so maybe someone else has a trick.

>Also, if I apply this to the webdynpro node on sicf does that mean it will apply to all web dynpro apps at once?

You can set the parameter globally. Use the WD Application wd_global_setting to control these values globally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, don't think this can be set as a URL parameter either in the iView.

Roy