cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tp import all - import all with NO deletion of imported requests possible?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Story:

We use a Solution Manager to import all transport requests from Testsystem to Integration(Quality)system.

At this transport Solution Manager do this with 'tp import all'. The tp command clean all imported requests out of the import queue.

The problem is:

We do not want that the tp command delete our transported requests out of the import queue.

Is there any possibility to configure this 'transport thing' or 'say' to the tp command not to delete the transported requests?

thx for your help. points will be awared.

bye Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

I get this from the custo documentation:

Configure Transport Strategy

Use

In this IMG activity, you:

Deactivate the quality assurance (QA) approval procedure

Activate the "Single Transports" strategy

In the transport tracks where the software distribution is controlled by Change Request Management, you must deactivate the QA approval procedure in the TMS, since this procedure is incompatible with the approval procedure in Change Request Management. Additionally, you have to activate the "Single transports" strategy. This prevents you from accidentally executing "Import All". All transports within the system landscape of Change Request Management must be processed by project imports.

For more information, see the online documentation about the TMS in transaction STMS by choosing Help -> Application Help.

Activities

Proceed as follows:

1. Call transaction STMS.

2. Choose Overview -> Transport Routes.

3. Double-click each system.

4. The Display System Attributes dialog box appears.

5. In the Transport strategy group box, select Single transports (since only Import Single and Import Project All are used).

6. In the Quality assurance group box, deselect Delivery after confirmation.

(The quality assurance mechanism is used implicitly but not within the TMS context.)

7. Choose Continue.

Note

When you activate "Single transports", manually executed single imports cannot be imported again by using "Import Project". If you want to execute these single imports again by using a subsequent "Import Project", you have to set the corresponding transport option. We recommend that you only use the transport functions of Change Request Management.

I guess if you select single, the tp shoulds stay in the Q?

can you check this config?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

>We do not want that the tp command delete our transported requests out of the import queue.

I am trying to understand your scenario. Why do you want the requests kept in the queue?

Best Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

thank for quick Answers:

to Nico:

at the solution Manager we do "normal corrections" and want to use the cycle management to transport all regarding transport requests in 1 step. And in this situation only import all scenario is possible.

Maybe there is a option or configure thing to 'control' the command 'tp'. We want 'only' prevent that the command tp do this cleaning the buffer from already successful imported transports.

Is that really not possible ?!?

to Manoj:

to do this in unconditionalmode = 0, can be a useful attempt, BUT where can i say this to the step 'import transports' from Solution Manager ?!?

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also in the backend, in this schenario with a "import all" it is not possible to "leave TP request in Q for later import"

If we take the saphelp:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3d/ad5b744ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

we read:

• tp cleanbuffer <sapsid>

This deletes successfully imported change requests from the list of requests that are marked for import into the SAP System <SAPSID>. This function is contained in the commands tp import all <sapsid> and tp put <sapsid> .

I don't see how you can overwrite that ( and also I don't understand why you would like it to keep it in the Q)

there is a detailed log from all imports available..

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to use tp mode 0 (e.g. tp import all u0). Check attached link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/ad5b814ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm]