cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material replication from R/3 to SRM - Issue with Material group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on BADI PRODUCT_CUSTOMER2 and method MAP_R3_TO_CRM_MATERIALMaterial replication part from R/3 to SRM.

I am using a Ztable to map r/3 material group to SRM material group(Product category).

For example Material M1 with material group 100 is transferred to SRM. Material group(Product category) 100 exist in SRM, but I am changing the material group to 200 in the product_customer2 badi. its working fine.

In another scenario, Material with material M1 with material group 300. Material group(product category) 300 does not exist in SRM,

I am changing the material group to 200 in the bdoc, in the product_customer2 badi. It is not working. The LUW is failing in SMQ2 transaction with the error "Error in Mapping (Details: transaction SMW01)". The BDOC is failing with error "Category for material group 300 does not exist"

I tried to deactivate the badi PRODUCT_CUSTOMER2, even then the FM MAP_BAPIMTCS_AND_PROCESS is validating the material group from R/3.

I tried to change the material group 300 to the existing material group 200 at initial stage in debugging in function module MAP_BAPIMTCS_AND_PROCESS but still the bdoc is failing with error "No storage form defined for product type 01 / logical system".

I am doing my testing using the following steps.

1. change the material descriptioni in MM02 in R/3.

2. An item is displayed in the queue in SMQ2 in SRM.

3. I have debugged the LUW and analyzed my badi by setting breakpoint at method MAP_R3_TO_CRM_MATERIAL, its changing the material group in the bdoc properly.

that didnt work.

also i tried to change the material group in the function module MAP_BAPIMTCS_AND_PROCESS before the badi is called.

4. I am checking the BDOc status using tcode SMW01 and checking the material using tcode COMMPR01.

can someone tell me how I can change the R/3 material group to SRM material group at the time of mapping in SRM?

Thanks

Sathish PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi find below for the product cat

Steps to create the product category in SRM:

1) Create MM material groups in ECC client. This will create a transport. Go to SRM Tcode R3AS and select the object u201CDNL_CUST_PROD1u201D from the list and run it. You can monitor the job using R3AM1 in SRM. This will bring the material group into SRM. This can be seen in TCode u201CCOMM_HIERARCHYu201D in SRM.

2) Once it is done. Go to IMG in SRM and go to path SRM> SRM server> Cross app biz settings> Account aassigmnet> Define GL code for Acc Ass Cat and Prod Cat. Maintain the GL code against this prod cat for all the account assignment codes. This is client specific setting and need to be done in every client by opening it. This GL code is given in the form in ticket.

3) Do a test and check if the product category is available for procurement in SC.

Regards,

Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satish,

Thanks for giving useful information. I had checked this solution with my team. As there are more than 30 bg systems, their plan is not to bring the material types to SRM. We are trying for a solution where we can change the product category in the mapping, but the bdocs are failing due to non existence of R/3 material group in SRM.

We are also checking with SAP support.

Thanks

Sathish PM