Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple zero format

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

my customer wants me to display the numbers in my forms using this pattern: "-123.456,78". If I format zero using such pattern I get "0,00". But the customer wants me to reformat every zero value so it will be only "0". Can anybody help me to write a script that would do this?

I need to dynamically change the display pattern. Or to set the value in some "hardwired" way, so the format would not be applied. Or any other workaround except duplicating the fields:)).

Thank you all, Otto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Resolved.

If i use locale: Germany (tousands delimiter needed) and patter "zzz9" i get what I need. Found that by accident. Thank you all.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to solve it this simple way, but I am on lower version and because of the previous experience I am afraid to upgrade during the important development. So I need to solve this using scripting.

But I have very little scripting experience and none with the Form Calc. Could you please provide a script snippet to change my "zzz,zz9.99" pattern to simple zero when the value is a zero only? I would really appreciate this.

Thanks, Otto

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

it would be possible per scripting (for example formcalc --> format, see desinger help) but in my designer version (8.1) you can adjust it on the object -> field --> press patterns --> display -> checkbox Allow Zero --> enter just 0

br

norbert

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats worse, this FormCalc format function does not work for the numeric field I use. I must switch type to the text field. What seems nonsense:((