cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SharePoint as Content Server - Need

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A customer is using Sharepoint to store all the documentation related to applications. Now they have decided to use Solution Manager for the project management. They want to discuss the advantages or not of moving all the documents into Solution Manager, whether they will loose some good features from Sharepoint. Also, do you find any issue, restriction regarding keeping all the documentation in the external Sharepoint, and just linking through URLs.

I would like to get your point of view regarding this integration, any experience, recommendations?

I appreciate your inputs so that we have a good base for the discussion with the customer.

Regards

Esteban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JulioBor
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus !

I'm re-activating this discussion thread, because since 2008 I cannot found any solution for this issue ...

We need to use MS-Sharepoint as External Content Repository to store binary documents linked via GOS as attachment documents in business transactions.

I Cheked about certified 3rd.party providers and MS-Sharepoint is not registered.

Somebody knows hot to build this integration in a native way (without 3r. party like INet.DM ), just only with CSADMIN/OAC0 customizing and associated customizing in MS-Sharepoint.

Thanks in advance.

Julio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julio,

Di you find some information?

I have the same concern.

Best regards.

Oscar Valdés 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Any ideas about this subject? I have a customer requirement for integrating solution manager with MS Sharepoint?

any thoughts are welcome...

kind regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Smets

I did not get any input yet. I still investigating this subject.

Hope some colleagues can contribute on this topic.

Regards

ESteban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Esteban,

I have forwarded this question to a SAP contact of mine. I will keep you posted.

kind regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

ESteban,

For your information it is not possible to direct link to Sharepoint. You need a third-party software called iNet DM

(http://www.erp-link.com/html/product/product-overview-iNetDM.asp). This way it is possible to use sharepoint as a external SAP Content server.

kind regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

We have been moving our entire application documentation from Lotus Notes to SAP Solution Manager this last year. Here is what we've learned.

When consolidating your documentation within Solution Manager you get some advantages and disadvantages, you can use your documentation seamless in your ITIL processes if you are using Solution to support this. We're unfortunately not using this feature

On the other hand one of the disadvantages when using Solution Manager is that you cannot make deep search, meaning that you can only search in document titles, not in the document content. To do this you need the [SAP TREX|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a4/929d4206b70931e10000000a1550b0/content.htm] search bolt-on, which we've found a bit expensive

I'm currently lookin into the solution you described: Using Sharepoint as a DMS, enabling us to conduct search in document content.

I hope this information is useful to you - I'll follow this thread with great interest

Best regards

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

As we are planing to moving our entire application documentation from Lotus Notes to SAP Solution Manager.

Please let me know what are the feature possible form LN to SM.

Can you please provied me the Documents how we can use SM as LN.

Regards,

Neni

former_member66888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Interesting to see this confirmation that: " it is not possible to direct link to Sharepoint". I have two thoughts:

a. Why not just a 'external url' link to SharePoint? SAP GOS has this option of creating an external url for an SAP object (e.g., customer) and this url simply points to the document stored on SharePoint.

b. Although your SAP contact has confirmed but i am stil curious as to why it is not possible to configure SAP to point to SharePoint as a HTTP content repository. I mean, in transaction OAC0.

Ralph, would greatly apprecaite if you can share your thoughts and experience on these.

Many thanks

Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Zubair. This should be possible. Practical experience and configuration information on how would be highly appreciated.

Fredrik