cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly is SCM?

0 Kudos

Hi all

First of all sorry for this so basic question.

I am a 10 years MM/WM and some SD/PM/EDI consultant. I have worked with probably al SAP versions. Can I say that I can work with SCM? Are SCM screens different that the ones I am familiar with (MM/SD/WM etc)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Process from customer requirment to delivery to customer comes under SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

SCM is emerging area and it covers whole product life cycle starting from customer enquiry upto final product delivery to consumer.It has integration with Vendor/Supplier and Customer with Manufacturing facility at center point.(in short it is play between Supplier , Producers and Customer to make whole Supply managment Simple,productive,efficient & reduccing lead time of product delivery and reduces overall cost of product)

SAP SCM covers main area i.e. APO (Advance Planning and Optimization) having five modules like Demand Planning , Supply Network Planning , Production Planning and detailed scheduling,GATP and TP/VS) along with Event management,Inventory collaboration Hub, Extended warehouse management,Forecasting and Replenishment etc.Following link will help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/12/3dfd81126e1c448c870f335f11d016/frameset.htm

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

In SAP, SCM covers the area MM, WM and PP. Supply Chain Management is basically defined as a network of retailers, distributors, transporters, storage facilities that participate in the sale, delivery and production of a particular product. The effective management of the entire process is termed as SCM

Regards,

Bijoy Kumar

former_member667328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I think for that you itself can give the better answer,

But i think you dont get any much problem.

It is better you can refer help.sap for the technical related things.

Best of Luck Dear,Since the people are there to help you.

Thanks,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

have a closer look at [help.sap.com (SAP SCM)|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/12/3dfd81126e1c448c870f335f11d016/frameset.htm]. It may help you.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Edited by: Sebastian Herden on Nov 20, 2009 3:40 PM