cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Netweaver (ABAP) Edition Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've downloaded the ABAP version of the Netweaver Sneak Preview and during the installation at the stage of "Software Package Check", it requires me to assign in the path for the "MIGRATION EXPORT" and at the bottom of the screen, it hint to find the LABEL.ASC file to be assigned there. So I've search the entire downloaded files for LABEL.ASC file and 1 by 1 assigned it to the path there but none of them is the correct one. Each time the program halt with the message ;

"Found the label SAP:ROOT-LABEL-BS2005-NW2004s:700-1:IM-CD....(etc.)... but need the label SAP:MIG::EXPORT(1/:.* "

So I guess the installation is screaming for the SAP:MIG::EXPORT(1/:.* stuff but I don't know where it is. Any help guys and gals?

Thanks and best regards,

-ah tiang-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I found your thread while doing a unicode migration, and thought I would provide an answer for any other lost people...

When your process asks for this label, you've probably migrated or exported your database - you have an export directory with a DB and DATABASE folder...create a LABEL.ASC file in this directory with the requested info -

SAP:MIG::EXPORT(1/::*)

and point to the 'export' directory, and your process will work fine. This works for the trial too.

Dave Samuels, Director, SAP BI, myITgroup

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As u post ur problem the LABEL is here SAPNW2004sSneakPreviewABAP\NSPExport\ABAP\LABEL.ASC

so try to select the correct path.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ..\NSPExport\ABAP directory is empty, only has a subdirectory called \DATA\ which has 5 files :

ddloadd.tab

SAP0000.STR

SAPAPPL0.001

SAPAPPL0.STR

SAPAPPL0.TOC

Could you please let me know what is in your \NSPExport\ABAP directory besides the LABEL.ASC ?

If only LABEL.ASC, could you please post the contents here ?

Thanks

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup, the directory of ABAP is empty but there is a sub-directory \DATA and it contains 41 Files instead of 5 and none of them is LABEL.ASC

Still couldn't locate the mentioned LABEL.ASC

Thank you and best regards,

-ah tiang-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I think u did not download all the files properly. because only \NSPexport\ABAP directory is around 1.36 GB. As u mentioned 5 files but in my system there are total 52 files, and beside DATA folder there are one more folder named DB which contains 1 directory and 1 file, but they are small. Just ABAP folder is big so the problem is u did not download all these files properly

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please post the byte count of the compressed file SAPNW2004sSneakPreviewABAP.rar that you downloaded ?

- mine is 1,614,786,560 bytes

Thanks again

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The size of SAPNW2004sSneakPreviewABAP.rar file is 1.50 GB (1,621,769,190 bytes)

Pls Reward point close the thread if ur problem is solved

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subdash -

I downloaded the SAPNW2004sSneakPreviewABAP.rar again and now it's solved - ah tiang, this will work for you too I guess.

Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you manage to solve this ? I have the same error. Regards, Jan