cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ERP2005 SR2 on MSSQL Server 2008?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hoping all the experts here can help me.

We are creating a new system via system copy. Our source is ERP2005 SR2 on AIX/DB2 and our target is Windows 2008 Server and MSSQL Server 2008.

We have taken the export of the source db.

The installation kit we have for the target is part number 52023163 SAP ERP 2005 SR2 MSSQLSRV Windows.

I am confused as to the supported releases of the various components required to successfully create the new system.

The install kit has installation master DVD BS 2005 SR2 SAP Insatalltion Master (part 51033208) and bundled in the kit is MSSQL2005.

I have downloaded the SQL 2008 version and installed it via the script as instructed in the SAP guide. I started SAPinst and ran through various parameters. When I get to the option 'MS SQL Server --> Database Connection Information' I specify the server the database is sitting on, click next and get the following popup ' The MS SQL Server Version 10 is not supported for the installation of this product. Use appropriate MS SQL Server Version'

I am wondering if I am using the correct installation kit, and have got myself very confused searching around SAPnet. Notes 1152240 and 1076022 point towards certain restrictions when installing on SQL Server 2008. It asks what version of installation master and netweaver release I am on and I am not clear on this. Could anyone help here please, at least to confirm what versions I am on?

Thanks Gregory

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the SR3 DVD version, not SR2.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Thanks, even though our db source export is from ERP2005 SR2 I can still use the SR3 kit to install the target? Should the source and target releases not remain the same?

Or, do you mean just use the SR3 Installation Master rather than the whole kit?

Edited by: Gregory Goldsmith on Nov 17, 2009 2:51 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would always use the latest DVDs. If your export is already finished just use the SR3 for the import.

Make sure you update your R3load and libdbmss before you start the import.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus

Downloaded the new set of DVD's (SR3), modified the Kernel as you suggested and the install/import is proceeding. Now I wait 12 hours for the ABAP load to finish.

Thanks again, very helpful

Gregory