Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add restrict values in input help - fields linked at the selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have 2 requests :

1st : How to add a restrict value in the value help ?

For example, I have a field (in the context and in the layout) with DEBI as search help attribute.

I would like to put an account group as restrict value by default in my WD and see directly the result when I cick on the search help button

2nd: How to link several fields at the selection level in the search help ?

For example, I have 2 fields based on the hierarchy product fields PRDHA.

If I put in the first field, 001*, when I click on the input help of the second field, I would like to see only the value of the hierarchy product beginning by 001

thanks a lot

Kind regards

Véronique

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your reply.

I tried to use OVS because it seems the better way to do the 2nd request.

I don't know how to code the ON_OVS method. I understood what is behind each phase of the ovs_callback_object but I don't really know how to implement it.

I detailed my need.

My context is :

Node PH

->Child Node PH1

-

-

>Attribute PH1_code

-

-

>Attribute PH1_text

->Child Node PH2

-

-

>Attribute PH2_code

-

-

>Attribute PH2_text

->Child Node PH3

-

-

>Attribute PH3_code

-

-

>Attribute PH3_text

Attribute PRDHA

3 fields in layout : PH Level1, PH Level 2, PH level 3

I have a specific table ZV_PRDHA which contains the level of the HP, the code of the HP and the description

For example :

Level Code Description

1 01 Test1-L1

2 0101 Test1-L2

3 010101 Test1-L3

1 02 Test2-L1

2 0201 Test2-L2

I would like to have the following functionnalities when I click on the search help button of fields PH Level1, PH Level2, PH Level3

-> When I click on PH Level1 input help, I would like to have only the list value of ZV_PRDHA where Level = 1

-> When I click on PH Leve2 input help, I would like to have only the list value of ZV_PRDHA where Level = 2

-> When I click on PH Level3 input help, I would like to have only the list value of ZV_PRDHA where Level = 3

-> When I choose Test1-L3 in PH Level3, I would like to have PH Level1 and PH Level2 fill in with Test1-L1 and Test1-L2

I hope it is clear. Could you please help me to implement the ON_OVS method.

A last question, how I know on which field input help button I click ? How I detect that I click on PH Level1 button or PH Level2 Button because I put on all these fields the same OVS_USAGE

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Véronique

Former Member
0 Kudos

2nd: How to link several fields at the selection level in the search help ?

For this part Refer this thread (Ans by Thomas ) :

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the first point, I don't want to have default value in my screen field, I would like to put a restrict value in the input help when I click on the input help button of my screen field.

Thanks

Véronique

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to put a restrict value in the input help when I click on the input help button of my screen field.

If you are going for Dictionary Search help then proceed as below:

In the dictionary help you created, Definition Tab - Dialog Behaviour : Select Display Value immediately for Dialog type.

Now your values will be displayed automatically as per your query written in Search help.

You can modify your query with where condition .

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You want to put some accoun tvalue as default rght.?

Read the values from table using select query and set the attribute of the context with value.

2. to add restrict values:

please refer the below link

[;

Priya