cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query: exemption form number (CIN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a doubt regarding exemption form that customers use to claim their exemption.

From what I have read, alternative tax classification field of sales order header(billing tab)

allows us to choose the form type. But, where should i create the form type and where to mention the

reduced excise rates?

Any practical scenarios/examples in this regard are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

nsp.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Forms tracking in SAP can be done through J1IUN.

To maintain the reduced rate you will have to use the Price Master VK11 / VK12 / VK13. On the basis of Tax Classification you can maintain different rate in Price Master.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

But I want to know the specific details like how to link form and alternative tax classification.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The tax classifications are not linked with FORM. Forms are linked with the Sales Documents.

In the Tax Clssification we maintain different options like Without Form / With Form C / Full exemption, etc. for your Tax Category(tax Condition type) check this in OVK3. This will be maintained in customer Master data > Sales Area View> Billing Tab. Now when you create a sales order, the tax classification will flow from Customer Master to Sales Order Header --> Billing Tab.

There as per your requirement and the form provided by Customer you can change the Tax Category and accordingly the Tax will be changed in Pricing procedure (depends upon the master data you have maintained for that Condition type and for the Tax Classification).

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Answers (0)