cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT - Remove system from systems tab in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have list of users and systems on which they have to be removed.

We have a CUA system, so all that is needed for doing this manually is select the user in SU01, go to the systems tab, select the corresponding system, remove the line and save the user.

I tought of writing an ecatt script to do this. It will be my first eCATT script so perhaps I'm doing things wrong (probably otherwise I would not be posting here).

I created a test script with a recording of my actions in SU01 using group UI Control and command TCD (Record).

I changed the fixed values of username to a parameter.

But the selection of the system is posing problems. It recorded that I selected the second row and removed that one. I am not able to select the row based on the value of the system.

Off course the system to be removed from the user will not be second row for all users, so I can not use this method.

Is there a way to do this using eCATT (other group/command, other method) or should I just forget eCATT for this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree with the previous posters. Just paramitize Field Name &LOCFIELD0006->*(1) Param Name I_SYSTEM for SU10 on the systems tab. That way the system can become a varaible that can be any system you choose.

Edited by: Edward Walton on Nov 26, 2009 4:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, you do have a CUA. I would be lazier still - i would mouse (copy/paste) the users from the list to the selection screen of SU10 --> switch to tab 'Systems' ... etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would not call that lazy as my list is 3578 users long.

First of all that's a bit long for pasting in SU10

And that's a lot of clicking.

And it still requires manual checking in the list for the combination user/system. The system to be removed from the list is not the same for every user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I would not call that lazy as my list is 3578 users long.

> First of all that's a bit long for pasting in SU10

> And that's a lot of clicking.

>

> And it still requires manual checking in the list for the combination user/system. The system to be removed from the list is not the same for every user.

i see. is this a one-time job or does that have to be done repeatedly?

if one-time: put that list to Excel, sort/group it by user/system. it's exactly 1 copy/paste action per system then.

if repeatedly: I don't have experience with eCATT, but i would build a LSMW using either BDC or a BAPI ... but maybe someone else has eCATTed such?

you may also want to try to find a ready made eCATT on other SAP realated sites.