Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic Specification Values from engineering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My Requirement is as follows,

Our Engineering Department is Responsible for maintaining Test Parameter Specification.

Once they have maintained it QM Department Create those parameters as MIC and assign it in INP Plan and Enetrs Specification again.

My Requirement is to avoid re-entering of Specification in insp plan again. it should get automatically copied from Engineering specification.

Please Suggest me possible ways,

Thanx

Haish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear harish

You need to use Material specification QS61. when you use class characteristic use both task list and material specification. In material specification it will take the specification that is maintained in the material and not that in the MIC

To get the value maintained in the material when inspection plan is created it is not possible.

Use material specification and then let me know if any issues

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

I have Created Class Characteristic according to your Giudelines, and it Shows same value which i specified in class Characteristic. But Requirement is some what different,

I have Created Class Characterisstic Bore Diameter with Interval Values 150 -153.

I have Created MIC with Reference to this Class Characteristic ( Here Specification value i.e. lower and upper limit got copied from Class Characteristic)

I have Attached this CLass Characteristic in Material Master and changed Specification value 152-154.

Now when i attached this MIC in Inpection plan Its shows Specification as 150-153.

but my requirement is it should show 152-154.

Will this be possible? Please Guide me.

Thanx,

Harish Parab.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harish

When creating MIC maintain the class characteristic in QS21 entry screen. System picks up the values.

When you input this value in Inspection plan no need of rentering the values

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently they are maintaining in Material class characteristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please maintain the status of the MIC as Completed when creating MIC. The specifications maintained in the MIC would then be copied over to Inspection Plan directly.

So, Engineering Department maintains specifications in MIC with Complete Status Copy Model and QM Department assigns this MIC in the Inspection Plan without having to maintain again the Specifications.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harish

Where is engineering specification maintained

Regards

Gajesh