Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO configuration btwn Windows AD,ABAP and Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

I have setup SSO between Netweaver 7 and Portal 7 and would like to setup the SSO form the AD.I would like users to logon to Windows and then be able to log on to the portal ( ESS and MSS ) and ABAB system with the same authentication.

I have checked for the guides but they give several scenarios.Is there a link or document(configuration guide ,step by step) i can use to configure this without using any 3rd party product?Windows 2003 Active directoy

Any ideas are most welcome

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

For Portal SSO, you can use SPnego, ( SAP NOTE#994791)which is freely available from SAP.

And for ABAP SSO, you can refer SAP Note#121178 which gives you steps in details for windows systems.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

thanks Zaheer

I have looked at the notes .So will this new configuration not affect the current SSO setup between the portal and abap?

0 Kudos

Nopes. these configurations will not affect the SSO which i presume is established between portal and ABAP systems....

Cheers !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Thanks i will give it a shot

0 Kudos

Hello, found a very good link on how to enable single sign on on windows. Very useful to us :).

http://sap10.blogspot.com/2009/07/enable-sap-single-sign-on-on-windows.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on sso configuration between ad,abap and portal as you did.

I did use spnego for my portal sso connection and It works,

now I want to use sso to Enabling SAPGUI to logon on R/3.

Did you solve that.

Tanks

0 Kudos

Reza,

This thread has been marked answered, for best results on SDN you should open a new thread instead of adding question to a closed thread.

Thanks,

Tim